Scotts Porridge Oats is always a great option when you need a quick meal. And one of the most convenient ways for most people to prepare Scotts Porridge Oats is to microwave it.
However, what is the best way to cook Scotts Porridge oats in the microwave? How to microwave Scotts Porridge oats for the best result?
In this blog post, we’re going to show you 5 quick and easy microwave meal ideas using Scotts Porridge Oats. We promise it will be delicious and satisfying. Also, these recipes will only take the minimum extra ingredients.
Let’s dive in!
How Do I Cook Scotts Porridge Oats in the Microwave? 5 Recipes You Must Try
Recipe 1. Plain oatmeal with Scotts Porridge Oats
This would be the go-to recipe anytime you need a last-minute meal. You don’t need to buy any extra ingredients for this simplest recipe.
- Scotts Porridge Oats
- Milk (Use water or other alternatives instead if you’re on a dairy free diet)
- Mix the milk or alternatives with the Scotts Porridge Oats. For 40g of Scotts Porridge Oats, you will need about 250g of the milk. And you will want to mix them well before you put them in the microwave.
- Start the microwave on high power and microwave your oats for around 3 minutes.
- Get the oats and mix them again. Then, it’s good to be served.
Recipe 2. Scotts Porridge Oats with Bananas and Nuts
This is another simple recipe you must try. It is effortless to make, and it would provide you with extra nutrients.
- Scotts Porridge Oats
- Nuts (optional)
- For this recipe, we would need two bananas. Peel them and smash one with a spoon till it turns into thick liquid. And slice the other banana and set aside.
- Then we will need to beat the egg. Make sure the egg is fully beaten or it could explode in the microwave during the cooking process.
- Add the pureed banana into the beaten egg, and add some milk to it. Then, mix them up well.
- Put the desired amount of Scotts Porridge Oats in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the mixture from the previous step into the bowl. Make sure that the mixture can cover the oats. If not, add some extra milk. Put some nuts on top if you want.
- Put it in the microwave and cook it on medium for 5 minutes. Finally, mix them up and cook it on high power for another 2 minutes.
Recipe 3. Scotts Porridge Oats Pizza
With zero deep frying or baking required, this pizza recipe with Scotts Porridge Oats is quite healthy and easy to achieve.
- Scotts Porridge Oats
- Milk powder
1. Cut the broccoli and carrot. Put them in the blender and puree them.
2. Crack the egg into the pureed vegetable. Add some milk and oats and fully blend them till they mix well.
3. Pour the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper and use a spatula to get a round shape. Make sure the round of paste is as thick as an ordinary pizza.
4. Put it in the microwave and cook it on high power for 10 minutes.
5. Get the pizza and cover it with another sheet of baking paper. Flip the pizza and you would have the pizza sitting on the new sheet of the baking paper. Now you can remove the old baking sheet.
6. Put it in the microwave and cook it for another 10 minutes.
Recipe 4. Moist Cocoa Cake with Scotts Porridge Oats
If you have never made a moist cake with Scotts Porridge Oats, you have to try this recipe. You’d be surprised how easy and quick it is to make a nice cake with Scotts Porridge Oats.
What’s better? It’s giving the real chef vibes when you serve it to your family and friends.
- Egg – 60g
- Bananas – 100g
- Scotts Porridge Oats – 15g
- Cocoa powder – 9g
- Peel the bananas and mix all of the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. You don’t need to add any sugar. The bananas would provide all the sugar that this recipe needs, making the cake sweet and healthy.
- Mix all the ingredients well. In this step, you will need to make sure that all the ingredients are fully mixed together and the egg is well beaten.
- Put it in the microwave and cook it on medium power for 5 minutes. When the cooking time’s over, start cooking again with high power for 3 minutes.
Recipe 5. Egg Oatmeal Biscuits
- Scotts Porridge Oats – 80g
- Egg – one
- Dried Raspberries – 15g
- Milk powder – 10g
- Honey – 10ml
- Beat the egg. Add the Scotts Porridge Oats and mix them well.
- Then, add the milk powder, dried fruit and honey. Fully mix them all.
- Get a microwave-safe plate and brush some oil on the surface of the plate. Shape the mixture into several small biscuits with spoon and spatula on a microwave-safe plate.
- Put the biscuits in the microwave. Start cooking on high power for 4 minutes. When the cooking time’s over, flip the biscuits and microwave them again for 3 minutes.