Vienna Sausages definitely have their unique charm that can’t be ignored. Vienna Sausages are a great quick meal option. And, at the same time, they are very flavory and satisfying.
Though Vienna Sausages are fully prepared in the can so that they don’t need any additional preparation, many people like to have it cooked.
In the mood for some Vienna Sausages but don’t have a stove? Don’t fret already. Microwaving Vienna Sausages is easy and effective. Let us show you how!
Why Should We Microwave Vienna Sausages?
Vienna Sausages are fully cooked when they come in the can. Therefore, they can be consumed straight out of the can, no further cooking required.
However, cooking vienna sausages could make them taste even better. Heating the Vienna Sausages would enhance the flavour and improve the texture.
Furthermore, if you are using the Vienna Sausage for recipes, it would be a great idea to heat the sausage first. Heated Vienna Sausages can be used as an ingredient in stews, casseroles or pasta dishes.
And the great news is, you can do that with a microwave, no stovetop or oven needed. It’s extremely easy, and it will take just a few minutes.
How to Microwave Vienna Sausages?
- Get the desired amount of Vienna sausages out of the can, and put it on a microwave-safe plate or in a microwave-safe bowl.
- To preserve the moisture of the Vienna sausages, it’s recommended to cover the Vienna sausages with a microwave-safe lid or some microwave-safe saran wrap.
- Put the Vienna sausages in the microwave, and start cooking on high power for about 90 seconds to 120 seconds. The cooking time will depend on the amount of Vienna sausages you’re cooking.
Done and done! That is all you need to do to microwave Vienna sausages. Easy peasy, right? Remember to let them cool for a bit before serving so it won’t cause burning.
Using Microwaved Vienna Sausages in Recipes
When you have the Vienna sausages heated in the microwave, it would be a great idea to use it in recipes to achieve delicious results.
Here are some easy recipes with microwaved Vienna sausages you should try!
Vienna Sausage Pasta
- Cook the desired amount of pasta first.
- Stir fry some diced onions and some vegetables in a pan till they are softened.
- Slice the microwaved Vienna sausage. Then put all the ingredients in the pan and toss them.
- Season the dish with some salt and pepper.
Vienna Sausage Stew
- Stew some diced carrots and onions in a pot with 200ml boiling water and some oil to soften them.
- Put some salt, spices and the grated tomatoes in it.
- Add some rinsed rice and another 400 ml hot water in the pot.
- Have the dish simmer in the pot for about 30 minutes till the rice is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the microwaved Vienna sausages in the stew and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Thicken the stew with some flour before serving it.