It’s a good idea to stock your freezer with frozen burgers, so you can always serve yourself easy meals and late-night snacks in a snap.
Beyond burgers are a go-to option for many as they have less fat, more protein and various vitamins and minerals.
And if you know how to defrost or cook Beyond burgers using a microwave, things could be a lot easier, right? In today’s post, we are going to answer the questions concerning cooking Beyond burgers in a microwave.
Can You Microwave Beyond Burgers?
The short answer is nope. It’s not a good idea to put Beyond burgers in the microwave to cook as it’s not a recommended cooking method for them.
Actually, there are three cooking methods clearly categorised as not recommended cooking methods by the manufacturer. And those are microwaving, boiling and deep frying.
Of course it is not an earth-shaking thing, but microwaving Beyond burgers could make it much less tasty. And we definitely don’t want that to happen. Therefore, it would be more sensible to cook them in the recommended way.
The manufacturer also listed some cooking instructions for Beyond burgers. Barbequing and pan frying are the recommended cooking methods for Beyond burgers in order to get the best result.
Can You Defrost Beyond Burgers?
Is it recommended to defrost Beyond burgers before cooking? Or just start cooking from frozen?
For optimal cooking results, it would be better to defrost Beyond burgers before you actually start the cooking procedure.
So, the answer is YES. You can defrost Beyond burgers. However, it’s not a good idea to defrost Beyond burgers in the microwave. The reason lies in that it is not suggested to heat Beyond burgers when they are still frozen.
To defrost Beyond burgers, put them in the refrigerator to defrost for 24 hours. And you can cook them afterwards.
Just don’t forget about them and leave them in the fridge for days. It is suggested to cook them within 3 days once you start to defrost Beyond burgers.
Also, it is very important to note that once it’s defrosted, you cannot freeze it again, or it will become spoiled.
How to Cook Beyond Burgers in a Microwave?
As we have mentioned above, microwaving is not one of the suggested cooking methods for Beyond burgers. However, there is a cooking method for Beyond burgers that is as easy as microwaving them.
To pan fry Beyond burgers:
1. Defrost the Beyond burgers in the fridge for 24 hours.
2. Heat the pan on the stove to medium-high heat and put the meat in it for sizzling. Pan fry each side for around 4 minutes so you will get the brown and crispy texture to it.
3. When the meat is thoroughly cooked, put the cheese on top and let the heat melt the cheese for a bit. Keep your eyes on them to make sure the cheese will not melt completely.
4. Put the meat and cheese on the bottom bun. Add some vegetables if desired. Some onions, tomatoes or lettuce would be great.
5. Add some burger sauce to the top bun before you add it to the bottom part.